Stunning color reproduction. Extreme contrasts with infinite blacks and pristine highlights. The versatile SmallHD 4K Production series of monitors combines the 4K HDR post-production viewing experience with the rugged construction needed for physical production environments. SmallHD 4K Production Monitors are powered by PageOS, the most sophisticated SmallHD toolset yet. We've updated PageOS for simplicity and speed, and streamlined color-calibration with Color Pipe. PageOS includes significant upgrades including our 4K production monitors, look around camera control, and Calman integration.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The unit ships with a non-impact screen protector installed. (It will help protect from scratches.)
To activate your monitor's warranty, please go to https://activate.smallhd.com/. You will need the serial number, which is located on the sticker where the battery goes (you may need to remove your battery to see it). You will also want to have a copy of your invoice from your purchase to confirm the purchase date.
A: Removable Handle
I: 8x Custom Function Buttons
Q: XLR Power Connector
B: Sliding Door - Stereo Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, USB 2.0 (5VDC/2.4A)
J: Monitor Speaker
R: RJ45 GPI
C: Removable Monitor Feet
K: Tool-Free Locking Screen Protector
S: RJ45 Ethernet
L: Dovetail Mounting Rail
T: HDMI Input
E: Back Button
M: 100mm VESA Compatible Mounting Points
U: HDMI Output
F: Navigation Joystick
N: 2x 2-pin Locking LEMO 12V (2A total combined)
V: 4x 12G-SDI Input
G: Input Select
O: USB-C (5VDC/1.5A)
W: 4x 12G-SDI Output
H: Settings Button
P: USB 2.0 (5VDC/1.5A)
X: Battery Plate Power Port
POWER AND CONNECT
- Connect power to the monitor using the included AC power supply. If using a battery bracket (sold separately), attach a compatible Gold- or V-Mount battery (26v required for Vision 24 & OLED 27).
- Press the power button.
All video signals up to DCI 4Kp60 are supported. For full UHD/4K compatibility, be sure to use a 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 cable.
CHEESE STICK MOUNTING RAILS
- Easily-swappable Cheese Stick Mounting rails can be replaced or swapped as needed (1/4"-20, 3/8"-16, and blank plate options available).
DOVETAIL MOUNTING RAIL
- Accommodates Dual Gold-Mount or V-Mount Battery Brackets, as well as other accessories (cheese plate, etc).
TERADEK BOLT 4K COMPATIBLE
- Easily connect Teradek Bolt 4K Receivers to any of the Cheese Stick Mounting points using a mounting arm/bracket of your choice.
- Power your Receiver from one of the integrated 2pin power outputs, or sandwich between a battery bracket and battery. (Note: this may impact performance depending on orientation of Tx/Rx antennas).
- Connect Bolt 4K Receivers via SDI or HDMI.
PAGEOS 4 OVERVIEW
The PageOS 4 interface allows users to configure and assign specific image analyzing tools and/ or features to up to eight customizable pages. Users can access those tools by navigating to the corresponding page on the monitor, instead of enabling or disabling features individually.
The ‘Pages View’ offers a zoomed-out perspective of all configured pages, allowing organization and naming to ensure the most efficient overall setup.
- Press BACK BUTTON or thumbstick DOWN to access Pages View.
- Navigate thumbstick LEFT and RIGHT to cycle through Pages.
- Navigate thumbstick UP or PRESS thumbstick IN to select desired Page.
Adjust a wide range of global monitor settings.
- Navigate thumbstick LEFT until monitor settings appear.
- Press thumbstick UP and DOWN to navigate.
- Press thumbstick IN to select.
- Press BACK BUTTON to go to previous Page.
The Dashboard provides access to the most commonly-used settings such as Input, Volume and Backlight. The Dashboard can be disabled via Full Settings > Dashboard.
Use the joystick to navigate the Pages menu:
- LEFT or RIGHT -- to change Pages
- DOWN -- Enter Page View mode
- UP -- Zoom or Exit Page View mode
- Button press or depress
Click to close or navigate back/exit.
Press and hold to program these custom function buttons as shortcuts.
Adding New Pages
To create a new page from either a fresh workspace, a template, or a specific utility, navigate to the right-hand side of the Pages View.
- Press BACK BUTTON or thumbstick DOWN to access Pages View.
- Navigate thumbstick RIGHT until New Page appears.
- Press thumbstick IN to create New Page.
Adding/Activating A New Tool
- Press thumbstick IN to bring up the Tool Bar.
- Select “Add New Tool” and navigate to the desired tool.
- Navigate thumbstick RIGHT to customize a highlighted tool.
- Press thumbstick IN to activate/deactivate a tool.
- Press the BACK BUTTON to go back or remove Tool Bar.
Select an input to display its image -- configure a source to unlock log conversions into HDR and SDR color spaces.
Follow the Wizard instructions to assign and configure color space and curve transformations, to enable HDR and SDR from incoming log-based sources.
Select a backlight level that suits your viewing environment to maximize contrast and viewability.
Calibration ensures chrominance and luminance accuracy that can be relied upon for critical color decisions.
Apply sharpening to the video data, if desired
Adjust the audio output level for the headphone jack and/or monitor speaker.
Image Rotate options enable upside-down mounting - or enable Mirroring for when the monitor must face the subject.
These options control how interlaced footage is displayed.
Configure the Image Capture tool to help facilitate shot matching or for automatic thumbnail creation upon pressing Record. (Note: SD card must be inserted into the monitor to perform an image capture).
Browse the Image Gallery to review the images on your removable media.
Configure the default zoom levels for Pixel Zoom to ‘punch in’ to a desired amount when spot checking a particular shot.
Enable and configure the Status Display to get info on various monitoring-related data such as battery life and frames per second.
Once enabled, pressing and holding on the touchscreen for five seconds will lock the UI. Repeating the process will unlock the UI.
Change the language of the internal menu system.
Enable a customizable backdrop for when the monitor is not displaying a signal.
Set a custom name for your monitor, to make it more easily recognizable.
Setting the correct Date & Time will ensure that captured images get an accurate timestamp.
Power-related options such as auto recovery.
Save or load the entire monitor’s configuration to an SD card, great for keeping consistent settings across several monitors.
Firmware can be updated by inserting an SD card with a compatible update file.
Reset the monitor settings to its original factory settings, with the option to clear registration and calibration.