Latest version overview can be found here.
OS4 firmware is compatible with all current SmallHD monitors (FOCUS series monitors, 500 series monitors, 700 series monitors, Cine series monitors, Vision series monitors, all Bolt monitors, 1300 series monitors, 1700 series monitors, 2400 series monitors, and 3200 series monitors).
OS4 is not compatible with legacy monitors (DP1, DP6, DP4, AC7, and DP7-PRO).
How to Install OS3 Firmware
CAUTION: Make sure you do not lose power during firmware update
Download the latest firmware update
- Click the .zip download file to extract the .bin (firmware file).
- Drag and drop the .bin file onto your SD card
- Card must be 16 GB or smaller
- Formatted as FAT or FAT32 for Windows, MS-DOS (FAT) for macOS (if partitioned, select the MBR Master Boot Record option under Scheme)
- Remove SD Card from computer or card reader attached to computer
- Insert SD card into your SmallHD monitor
- Turn on your monitor
- Swipe/toggle left to the monitor’s Settings Menu
- Select "FIRMWARE" in Settings Menu and follow on-screen prompts
- Once the firmware is installed and the on-screen prompts tell you to reboot your monitor – Hold down the power button for at least 5 seconds and then release.
- Press the power button again to begin operating your SmallHD monitor with the new firmware installed.
How to Format an SD Card
You must format the SD card using a computer. The monitor cannot format the card.
Formatting a card in Windows
Format your card using Disk Utility.
Click Erase to begin the formatting process.
When choosing the format, be sure to select MS-DOS (FAT).